Lafayette 148 New York is looking for a self-motivated, organized and analytical candidate for a paid internship program in the Visual Merchandising Department. They will be exposed to the various facets of our Company’s business. As a result, they will learn how the team works cross-functionally with the rest of the company and will have the opportunity gain the knowledge of the inner workings of a Visual Merchandising department in a fashion company.
- Participate in day-to-day activities of Visual Merchandising team, liaise with vendors and collaborate with other departments to deliver the best possible internal customer experience
- Assist in installing window displays and store installations at the Lafayette 148 NY NYC Metro retail and wholesale locations
- Assist team to create and distribute visual merchandising tools in order to maximize sales in stores
- Assist in the creation presentations for upcoming installations – wholesale & retail
- Collaborate with team to display stock totals and place orders for new windows and new interior decor.
- Assist with the creation and development of Product Knowledge
- Assist with in store visits to gain an understanding of best sellers and under performing items.
- Setting up showroom for Special Events and presentations.
- Other Visual Merchandising duties and special projects may be assigned as needed
- Associates Degree or higher in Fashion / Merchandising, Visual Merchandising / Styling, Art &/ or Design (3-D preferred), Interior Design
- Strong proficiency in Excel and Microsoft products
- Basic knowledge of Mac programs
- Eager to learn and self-motivated with positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi-task
Click here to apply