Field Manager, Visual Merchandising
The Field Manager, Visual Merchandising is responsible for overseeing the execution of our brand visual guidelines for our key wholesale accounts and high profile retail stores. This role will be predominantly field based and will be hands-on visiting our top locations to execute current guidelines provided by the corporate team. The role will also develop a relationship with our field and corporate wholesale partners to help improve visual standards and execution in the field, as well as provide relevant training to help drive visual standards and execution.
This role reports to the Sr. Director of Visual Merchandising and will also support key visual activity in the office. This will include market showroom sets (with a focus on wholesale) and wholesale directive sets and shoots. The Visual Merchandising Filed Manager plays a critical role within the VM team and is the key collaborator in partnership with the Sr. Director to constantly strive for visual excellence in the field.
- Travels to the key wholesale accounts and high profile retail locations to execute and edit the visual presentation to align to brand direction.
- Strategically prioritizes visits based on performance needs and executive visits to help deliver consistent presentations across the stores.
- Builds partnerships with the key wholesale accounts field team and head visual merchandising contacts by account to drive visual excellence and brand standards.
- Provides training for any new field wholesale or retail managers to properly induct them with the visual protocol and standards for execution.
- Acts as a brand ambassador in the field, championing the brand, looking brand appropriate and setting a high standard for all things customer facing in the accounts and stores.
- Highlights maintenance issues and actively follows up to keep communication flowing to help solve or escalate store design or operational issues.
- Communicate with marketing team to establish strategies and design concepts for seasonal product launches and wholesale display opportunities.
- Attends market as visual support to partner with the corporate visual team to deliver the showroom presentation.
- Will actively lead wholesale directive set ups and assign seasonal looks by account based on the buy to provide seasonal visual merchandising direction for wholesale.
- Edits the showroom for WS purposes ensuring appropriate changes have been made to accommodate the wholesale teams needs.
- Provides guidance during market to help influence the buy for visual purposes.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years’ of retail visual management experience in multi-store capacity
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proactive thinker, capable of anticipating problems and developing effective solutions
- Strong on-site visual merchandising experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and organized with excellent follow up skills
- Must be able to interact across departmental divisions and integrate/collaborate with corporate partners
- Maintain a positive, enthusiastic and energetic demeanor which helps foster an upbeat working environment
- Flexible with an entrepreneurial drive and ability to act independently
- Ability to travel up to approximately 50%
- knowledge of Macintosh and Adobe platform and digital camera skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word)