The Senior Director of Retail Stores & Operations is a strategic partner responsible for maximizing sales and bottom line profit for the Retail Stores. This objective will be met through training and leading a Store Management Team and Personal Stylists to deliver extraordinary customer experiences that consistently exceeds overall sales and service expectations. Additionally, this position will function as a liaison with Corporate partners to support, prioritize, and integrate functional strategies across all disciplines, including Marketing, Finance, Retail Buying & Planning as well as Human Resources.
- Design and implement strategies to elevate service and increase profits to exceed Company standards for Retail Stores, measured by KPI’s including AOV, UPT, and conversation rate.
- Analyze business performance by location and product assortment results to discern successes, opportunities and develop action plans to continue accelerate growth or course correct where needed (in partnership with Buying & Planning Team)
- Manage the planning, timelines, budget and communication of operational priorities
- Take an active role in the rollout, education and maintenance of operational best practices, including inventory shortage to drive efficiency and achievement of related goals
- Develop a ‘best of class’ ongoing training & education strategy to develop a selling & service culture that is built on the DNA of our brand values and further enhances ‘service’ as a key point of difference in the market
- Develop talent and succession planning with Human Resources to proactively elevate talent that embodies the brand
- Conduct store visits and drives action based on successes, gaps and learnings
- Act as a change agent for the Retail Stores to effectively support cultural transitions in support of company strategic initiatives
- Ensure consistent execution of visual presentation initiatives and standards through partnership with Visual Merchandising.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 16+ years retail management experience including 5+ years indesignersegment.
- Demonstrated record of success for growing sales, service, team talent and building operational efficiency cross-functionally
- Experience driving results in a multi-unit capacity preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully as part of a cross-functional team, while also demonstrating a leadership style that is based on respect and trust
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50% and flexible availability, including nights and weekends.
Please submit all resumes to Lafayette 148 New York at firstname.lastname@example.org