Sr. Director, Art Direction
The Sr. Director, Art Direction, will partner with the Head of Merchandising & Marketing to execute the vision of the Creative Director and lead the creative team to ideate, develop and execute a distinctive brand vision. Content will be specifically created for all consumer touch points (digital, social and print), to tell the brand’s story and create a compelling visual brand world. This role will report to the Head of Merchandising & Marketing. This role is hybrid in-office / work from home.
- Lead the Creative Services team, ensuring the evolution of the creative team’s skill set, the status and excellent execution of creative output (project schedules, budgets and desired outcomes), and alignment with Lafayette 148 brand objectives.
- Create a vision and content strategy for the brand; develop concepts to reinforce and evolve the brand story in a compelling way, commensurate with a best-in-class luxury brand.
- Act as the creative lead on projects from concept to post-production, bringing innovative and directional concepts to the table.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are compelling, visually exciting, and contribute to the evolution of the brand image
- Lead all photoshoots to ensure key messages and content needs are captured, and that each tie into a consistent brand aesthetic -- executing against marketing creative briefs and team needs
- Create, design and manage lead on a range of 360° seasonal campaigns on both still and video images that may include, but is not limited to photography, videos, gifs, design identities, and interactive experiences with various applications for ecommerce, digital advertising, social platforms, in-store, print collateral, etc.
- Oversee all elements of seasonal 360° campaigns from creating mood boards, to shot lists, to post-production retouching mark-ups and design applications, and guidelines
- Establish a portfolio of creative partners (photographers, videographers, and model agencies) to identify and cast for shoots
- Responsible to maintain and store all brand style guidelines and visual identity
- Support Marketing team to prepare or enhance presentations
- BA/BS degree in a Graphic or Fine Arts field from an accredited institution
- 12+ years of Art Direction experience, in a fashion/luxury agency or in-house environment
- Strong sense of leadership skills and comfortable leading an in-house creative team – including digital and print graphic designers, copywriters, and stylists
- Must be able to articulate a vision, have a passion for and track-record of developing ideas and concepts that resonate with consumers and drive engagement, as well as key business metrics
- Experience leading holistic 360° campaigns spanning digital, social and print
- Knowledge of best practices for the Web with a focus on fashion retail and editorial
- Strong project management, organizational and planning skills
- Actively participate in building a positive work environment that encourages collective learning and professional growth while working as a coach that is hands-on
- Ability to brainstorm and develop creative concepts that combine branding and E-commerce
- Discerning, brand-sensitive eye for art direction, photo editing, cropping, and retouching
- On set photography experience with a sensitive eye for art direction, photo editing, cropping, and retouching
- Deep understanding of E-commerce and digital design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Adobe CC, HTML, CSS, UX best-practice, and Responsive web design