Sr. Designer, Wovens
The Sr. Designer will concentrate on soft piece woven products under the direction of the Creative Director and Head Designer. This role will be responsible for understanding and translating the DNA of Lafayette 148 through their design approach each season in collaboration with the full design team.
- Responsible for design samples from concept to showroom
- Conduct in-depth seasonal research to maintain a high level of relevancy and develop seasonal mood boards under the direction on the Creative Director
- Produce accurate flat sketches that clearly propose proportion, detail, and fit via hand or Illustrator
- Work closely with the technical team and head Patternmaker to develop multiple prototypes
- Travel to China seasonally to work directly with the Sample Room (NY & China) on finalizing all fit and finishing details
- Core design for soft dressing (dresses/blouses/embellishment)
- Seek innovation through vintage, market, fabric and online research
- Lead required concept fittings and work closely with tech team on sample execution
- Minimum Bachelor's degree (Fashion Design)
- 6+ years of relevant experience in women’s luxury apparel
- In depth understanding of the Lafayette 148 NY brand DNA, ability to implement into design
- Ability to design around concept direction
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, Word) experience a must
- Ability to travel internationally if required
- Possess an elevated sense of style, aesthetic, and color and understand how to translate trends through the lens of the customer and DNA of brand
- Expert knowledge of silhouette, fit, fabrication, construction, color use, sewing techniques, and trim
- Self motivated with the ability to adapt to frequent change and high pressure.
- A strong team player that is considerate of colleagues with good cross functional communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, strong follow through
- High taste level, understanding of brand aesthetic, and creative ability
- Excellent time management, strong communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Highly creative with a strong understanding of brand aesthetic with in-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes