Sr. Specialist, Logistics and Trade Compliance
The Sr. Specialist, Logistics and Trade Compliance is responsible for managing all inbound and outbound shipments; including scheduling of shipments, troubleshooting all issues, negotiating freight and international courier rates and following compliancy regulations. This position manages all duty and Harmonized Tariff Schedules.
- Manage inbound/outbound shipments from point of origin to final destination, including all raw materials, finished goods for apparel and non-apparel (for production and sample shipments) and communicate to all related parties.
- Build and maintain relationships with all international freight forwarders, customs brokers and courier services. Responsible for rate negotiations.
- Ensure national/international compliancy to customs and FTC, including fur and content labeling requirements, invoice descriptions, import/export regulations, Fish & Wildlife rules and any other related rules.
- Review all national/international duties and HTS codes and ensure all company documents are accurate.
- Review raw material content for seasonal orders for duty call outs.
- Approve all national/international shipping bills and generate monthly courier reports.
- Ad hoc reports for company analysis (shipping, duty, cost, etc)
- Minimum Bachelor's degree
- Certifications and/or courses in logistics, compliancy
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the ready to wear and non-apparel industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in logistics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in trade compliance
- Must be extremely detail focused
- Ability to handle multiple assignment with problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong experience in Incoterms, customs, FTC
- Must be analytical and have strong excel skills
- Working knowledge of apparel industry and manufacturing
- Strong time management skills
- ERP, BlueCherry experience preferred