- The Copywriter will join the Copy & Content Team, part of the in-house creative and marketing agency for Lafayette 148 New York—a women-led, women-owned global luxury lifestyle brand based in New York City. This position will own all product romance for the brand’s digital flagship, while providing additional support to the team across all touchpoints, from emails and site copy to product naming and social media. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic, creative team, helping to elevate and evolve the voice of a rapidly growing brand.
- The ideal candidate will be energetic, whip smart and meticulously organized with a knack for grasping the fashion consumer and writing sophisticated, best-in-class, SEO-friendly product romance and copy.
- Own writing of all romance product copy for Lafayette148ny.com.
- Work closely with DTC, production, merchandising and design teams to produce the “Designer Notes” product page description copy that romances each garment and speaks to any special techniques, fabrics or design story behind the piece.
- Partner with DTC to pull production details from internal database.
- Partner with Senior Copywriter to optimize all digital copy with SEO best practices.
- Be the team’s ‘expert’ on the products of each seasonal collection. The Copywriter will be responsible for covering seasonal product immersion meetings and downloading the copy dept in depth on the collection.
- Partner with merchandising, fabric and DTC on the naming of apparel and footwear, fabrics, prints and colors each season in a brand-right and SEO-friendly manner.
- Maintain a database of names, tracking rejected, approved and used names.
- Write all copy for the Company Outlet site and emails.
- Write all sale copy under the supervision of Senior Copywriter.
- Assist with the planning and documentation of monthly email content, including updating the calendar and pulling relevant imagery.
- Be the key the copy + content team touchpoint between New York content creative and China marketing.
- Write weekly WeChat stories and partner with Social Media Manager to update the monthly WeChat calendar under the supervision of Senior Copywriter.
- Write and update copy for all non-core social platforms, including Facebook and LinkedIn, as well as third-party sites such as BOF and Rent the Runway.
- Contribute copy for Instagram stories and posts as needed.
- Write all invitation copy for wholesale and retail.
- Conduct competitive research and pull swipe for emails, editorial pages, and social content.
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of decks for seasonal campaigns, social initiatives, video shoots and more.
- Work with the Senior Director of Copy + Content and Senior Copywriter to brainstorm seasonal content and campaigns.
- Transcribe key interviews and speeches for projects such as videos and script-writing.
- Assist with retail communications, including clientelling tools, product knowledge and customer outreach.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism
- Three or more years of relevant experience in the fashion and/or beauty industries.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional time management skills.
- Energetic self-starter who thrives in fast-faced environments.
- Adept at juggling multiple projects and working under tight deadlines while delivering on time.
- A team player with excellent communication skills that excels at collaboration and working cross-functionally.
- Ability to master brand voice and incorporate marketing/creative/company goals to write clear, effective, engaging copy.
- Adaptable and open-minded — able to quickly accept and synthesize feedback, then apply it to improve and learn.
- Superb proofreading skills and a stickler for grammar.
- Ideally fluent in SEO best practices, with experience creating sophisticated, beautifully crafted copy that adheres to industry standards.
- Experience with PDM or DESL is preferred.
Click here to apply