The Human Resources Director is responsible for fostering the brand culture to ensure a great work environment, drives employee recognition, development and career growth while demonstrating a strong understanding of Company and HR strategy. The Human Resources Director works closely with cross-functional partners to drive translation of strategy to the Retail and Field teams through programs and processes to obtain business outcomes.
- Educates Lafayette 148 New York Managers on select HR initiatives, processes and strategy; takes appropriate action to support the programmatic delivery of the HR strategy; provides input into how to realize the HR strategy for the Retail and Field teams.
- Works with VP of HR and Retail and Field management to develop and deploy tools to optimize performance and ensure fostering of and managing a positive environment which drives engagement, inclusion, and ensures a harassment-free workplace.
- Partners with the Retail Store and Field Regional Managers to attract, hire, assimilate and retain superior talent; including proposing and implementing best HR Retail/Field practices as well as general education.
- Partners with the VP of HR on escalated Retail and Field employee relations cases, conducting appropriate investigations, and bringing matters to a reasonable business conclusion.
- Serves as the HR point of contact for Retail Store and Field Regional Managers on policies, processes and employee relations issues.
- Provides education to Retail and Field management on all HR matters; includes assisting managers with coaching associates on performance expectations, attendance and store goals.
- Monitors and enforces compliance requirements.
- Maintains all leave of absence programs.
- Oversees HR processes including the escalation of employee investigations, policy compliance, and employee relations identified.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of Human Resources experience with 4+ years within the retail sector.
- Ability to evaluate information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills are essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with partners and team members.
- Solid time management, project management, multi-tasking skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Experience in diagnosing, complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve.
- Willing to travel up to 30% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Click here to apply