The Copywriter will join the Copy + Content team, part of the Fashion Communications group reporting into Marketing within Lafayette 148 New York—a modern American luxury brand based in New York City. This position will own all product romance for the brand’s digital flagship, while providing additional support to the team across all touchpoints, from emails and site copy to product naming and social media. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic, creative team, elevating and evolving the voice of a rapidly growing brand.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, meticulously organized and collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit and a knack for grasping the luxury fashion consumer and writing sophisticated, best-in-class, SEO-friendly product romance and copy.
- Write product copy for all styles on Lafayette148ny.com.
- Work cross-functionally with DTC, production, merchandising and design teams to gather accurate information and write the “Designer Notes” product page description copy, bringing together the craftsmanship, fabric and design story behind each piece.
- Edit “Details” bullets for accuracy and consistency.
- Partner with Copy + Content Manager to optimize all digital copy with SEO best practices.
- Partner with DTC to QA all styles in staging ahead of go-lives.
- The Copywriter is the team lead on preparing materials for collection launches, partnering cross-functionally with merchandising, fabric and DTC on the naming of special apparel and footwear, fabrics, prints and colors each season in a brand-right and SEO-friendly manner.
- Be the team’s ‘expert’ on the products of each seasonal collection. The Copywriter will be responsible for covering seasonal product immersion meetings.
- Write all copy for the L148 Company Outlet, including emails and site content.
- Partner with the Outlet Retail Management team to plan outlet emails and promotions.
- Write homepage copy for the brand’s digital flagship for China.
- Write seasonal optimized SEO copy blocks for product landing pages.
- As needed, partner with Copy + Content Manager to write copy for L148 marketing emails and site content refreshes—including category banners and editorial content blocks.
- Regularly conduct competitive research, provide analysis and recommendations. Present findings in well prepared brand decks.
- Partner with Copy + Content Manager to manage calendar and write copy for weekly retail clientelling emails.
- Write all copy assets for the semi-annual outlet sales and warehouse sales, and work with the creative team on all sale assets, including printed mailers, store signage, emails and other assets.
- Write invitation copy for Retail, Wholesale and miscellaneous events.
- Assist with retail communications, including product knowledge, special clientelling tools, client care communications and customer outreach as needed.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Creative Writing
- 3+ years of copywriting or relevant experience in the fashion and/or beauty industries. Experience at a luxury fashion brand is a plus.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with exceptional time management skills.
- Energetic self-starter and problem solver who owns their deadlines, thrives in fast-faced environments and is adept at juggling multiple projects.
- A team player that excels at collaboration and working cross-functionally.
- Ability to master brand voice and incorporate company goals to write clear, effective, engaging copy.
- Must have excellent communication skills; able to communicate complicated, sometimes technical details in clear, concise ways that inform and inspire.
- Able to quickly accept and synthesize feedback, then apply it to improve and learn.
- Superb proofreading skills and a stickler for grammar.
- Ideally fluent in SEO best practices, with experience creating sophisticated, beautifully crafted copy that adheres to industry standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with data management systems is preferred