Analyst, Financial Planning and Analysis
Analyst will assist the FP&A team with planning and analysis responsibilities for the Lafayette 148 global business segments and functions: Direct to Consumer (DTC), Wholesale, Atelier Direct and Corporate. The Analyst will be responsible for: 1) compiling and preparing reports, 2) analyzing historical performance and trends, 3) supporting the preparation and presentation of key business findings to upper management, 4) heavily supporting and owning the annual budgeting and long-range planning process, 5) supporting the quarterly forecasting and close processes, and 6) partnering with the segment and functional personnel to understand and monitor business KPIs. The Analyst will also help identify business risks and opportunities and enable business decision making.
- Produce and analyze monthly reporting on financial performance including revenue, expenses, and other key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Support a regular forecast process by working with the FP&A and Accounting teams, functional and business unit owners to estimate financial results based on future action plans and business assumptions.
- Regularly analyze historical performance for all business divisions/segments/functions.
- Perform “deep-dive” analytics on various expense line items and business activities.
- Assist in preparing and building effective presentations for upper management.
- Present analysis and findings clearly to upper management in order to drive business decisions.
- Participate and take ownership of annual strategic planning and budgeting activities; Support budget / strategic initiatives with analytics.
- Monitor achievement of strategic & financial fiscal year goals and objectives through detailed variance analysis and reporting versus Budget and Forecast.
- Stay up to date on industry and functional trends and provide insights on business impacts
- Support ad-hoc business analysis including but not limited to: business segment profitability, new account and new store pro forma analysis, and capital investment decisions and return on investment analyses.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred)
- 2+ years of professional experience in financial reporting and analysis (retail / apparel industry experience is a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent financial analysis skills and modelling
- Master knowledge of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement financials
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with others, is a champion of business partnering cross functionally
- Analytic/problem solving mindset who is also independent and a self-starter
- Must be able to interact across departmental divisions, including upper management, and integrate/collaborate with them to effectively operate the businesses
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Enjoy working on a team while possessing a strong independent work ethic
- Flexible with an entrepreneurial drive
- Change agent and out of the box thinker
- Ability to work effectively and adapt to ambiguous situations