Lafayette 148 New York is uniquely positioned to enhance our accessories assortment, providing a complete lifestyle brand to our loyal customers. This position will be a key liaison and team member in supporting the continued growth of the Accessories division.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Merchandising and Product Development to:
- Product and Business Strategy
- Lead and communicate Lafayette 148, Retail and Wholesale merchandising strategy for accessories, leveraging product opportunities and business initiatives across the US.
- Participate in creating relevant product assortments that drive business in determined distribution.
- Partner with design or design partners and product development vendors through entire conceptual and commercialization process.
- Develop and refine a framework for customer segmentation.
- Learn competitive landscape, identifying trends and staying on top newness in market; utilize findings to identify holes in the current business and opportunities for future growth.
- Assortment Planning
- Participate in developing the plans on assortment style and flow needs.
- Communicate changes and impacts cross-functionally.
- Manage deadlines and communicate issues to ensure delivery of product on a timely basis. Including supporting pilots and testing agendas.
- Product Development
- Proactively anticipates and identifies challenges in the development process and effectively resoles issues through appropriate actions and communications.
- Partner with product development vendors to maintain and ensure all costing objectives are met through proper engineering of product while maintaining product integrity.
- Clear understanding of development calendars and timelines.
- Market Analysis and Reporting
- Analyze global sales, feedback and historical data on weekly/monthly/seasonal basis to help better assort for future seasons. Provide global analysis that drives consensus and overall strategy.
- Identify product opportunities through regular hind-sighting that incorporates consumer research, business unit feedback and sales performance analysis.
- Manage retail price setting, target costs and margin goals. Partner with Product Development vendors on all costing objectives.
- Establish relationships with Design, Planning, and Product Development vendors.
- Create partnerships with all cross-functional partners to execute seasonal assortments from concept to creation.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Comprehensive understanding of retail math.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a merchant in related business or brand with demonstrated product development experience, preferable in retail, wholesale and e-commerce company.
- An appreciation for luxury products coupled with an ability to see think conceptually.
- Willing to take initiative, ownership and accountability for business.
- Natural ability to communicate effectively with strong analytical skills and experience with PLM systems.
Click here to apply